The successful heavy duty parts technician candidate will manage and dispense parts inventories, be responsible for stock handling, identifying and cataloguing parts and assemblies, ordering, receiving, inspecting, sorting & inputting parts into work-orders. Using existing scheduling programs, manage shop time and customer bookings.
Duties for the heavy duty parts technician position include, but not limited to:
- A heavy duty parts technician works closely with mechanics to ensure work orders are correct and complete
- Excellent customer service skills; scheduling appointments, accurately recording mechanical issues/service requirements.
- Ability to learn and utilize electronic parts catalogues, scheduling program and invoicing software.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities using good organizational and time management skills.
- Sourcing parts, preparing documentation and work orders, receiving goods using electronic systems
- Input supplies and parts into work-orders, transferring to estimates & preparing invoice for final review & submission
- Order parts and keep accurate inventories
- Receive supplies and store them according to a pre-arranged system
- Organize and ship exchange parts and returns to suppliers
- Keep price lists and catalogues updated
- Receive shipments and ensure they are complete and in good order
- Control and manage stocking and storage to prevent loss
- Other duties as assigned and as may be amended from time to time to meet company/organizational objectives.